One of the most used appliances we have at home is the burner. If you are on a strict budget, eating out is not an option. But, we often neglect our burners, and we tend to forget to check up on them once in a while. We notice damages when it’s too late, so we need a Renowned Whirlpool appliance repair in San Jose. We listed some reasons why your stove burner is always on high:
- Sometimes, you use a bigger pan than the one intended for your stove. The coil works extra hard to heat the pan, making it seem too hot or always on high. There are two sizes to every stovetop, and be mindful of placing pans on them. Ensure you’re using the right pan for the right stovetop.
- Many believe that wrapping aluminum foils on the drip pans will make it easier to clean them afterward. But, the foil traps the heat, making your coil hotter. Wrapping foil could be dangerous because it could lead to fire and explosion.
- Ensure that the oven vent is clean and open when using the oven. When there is no proper ventilation, your coils could heat up.
If these reasons are not the case and your burner is still hot and can’t be adjusted, then it’s time to check the wirings. Thankfully, we can repair our burners at home. Just follow the steps below or watch this video to know exactly how to repair a burner that’s always on high.
Move your burner away from the wall and give yourself a lot of room to move around. Then, unscrew the back cover to reveal the wirings and where the wires are attached. Usually, the part where the wires are attached is broken; that’s why you can’t control the heat your burner emits.
- Find the part connected to the burner.
Find the part that’s broken on the upper part of your burner. You can buy the exact part on Amazon or eBay. Carefully remove the part from the burner but don’t remove the wirings yet.
- Loosen the part using pliers.
Sometimes, the part could be tightly fitted to the burner, making it hard to remove using your hands. Use pliers to slowly pry the part off the burner, and you won’t have a hard time doing it.
- Transfer the wires one at a time.
Remember that it’s better to transfer each wiring to the new part so you won’t get confused and mix them up. If you do so, you’ll have trouble turning on your burner again. You’ll need a professional Whirlpool kitchen appliance repair if not done properly.
- Put back the part.
Once you have transferred the wires, you can now put back the part. It won’t be hard to do, and you won’t need help with this.
- Reattach the cover and screw it back.
Once you’re satisfied with the part placement and the wires, you can close the back of your burner and place it back to its original position.
- Start your burner again.
You can then start your burner to check if you have fixed the problem. If so, you can now use your stove burner without any problems again. If the malfunction is still there, you’ll need expert help to get it to work properly again.
These steps are easy to follow, even if you have no experience with fixing broken or malfunctioning burners. This way, you won’t have to spend money on a repair you could do by yourself.
Thing to Know About Resetting a Whirlpool Stove at Home
Sometimes, resetting your Whirlpool stove can help eliminate malfunctioning parts. If your burner is always on high, try resetting the appliance to see changes. Here are the steps you could take to reset your stove:
- Turn off circuit breakers on your burner.
- Leave it turned off for a few minutes.
- After a few minutes, turn on the breakers and power on your burner.
- You can start a bake cycle to see if the burner is affected.
- If not, turn on your burner to see if it is still always on high.
- If your burner is not on a high anymore, congratulations! You’ve fixed your burner by yourself. If there is still a problem, you need to consult with a professional and repair a Whirlpool kitchen appliance.
The Best Whirlpool Appliance Repair Expert in San Jose
Having a broken or malfunctioning Whirlpool stove can be stressful, especially when you rely on it to properly work all the time. We understand that your burner is always used and often neglected due to a busy schedule. But, trust that Whirlpool Appliance Repair delivers high-quality appliance repair to help you use your Whirlpool stove for a longer time.
Don’t worry! We have trained professionals that can help you with your problem, and you’ll have a fully functioning stove once we’re done. Also, our rates are the most competitive in the industry today, so don’t think twice about availing of our services right away.